The PRSA Central Ohio Chapter is a leader in furthering the development of Columbus’ public relations professionals. Founded in 1950 as the first society chapter in Ohio, we serve more than 360 members in our region in the agency, corporate, government and non-profit sectors. Founded as the “Columbus PRSA Chapter,” we changed our name in 1960 to the “PRSA Central Ohio” to better reflect our regional focus. From the beginning, our chapter has been a leader and innovator in the public relations industry:
- In 1958 we elected as our chapter president Ivy V. Farley, the first woman in the country to hold such a spot.
- In 1961 we were the first chapter to present Outstanding Citizen, Distinguished Practitioner and Rookie-of-the-Year awards.
- In 1965 we had the most members (six) accredited in Ohio when PRSA announced its first list of accredited members.
- In 1968 we became the host for Ohio’s first PRSSA Chapter (at The Ohio State University). We now support seven PRSSA chapters.
- The Central Ohio Chapter won the 1976 PRSA National Chapter Banner Award.
We held our first professional development conference in 1951, and professional development remains a cornerstone of our chapter. We host regular luncheons, Masters events, webinars and other professional development events to help our members sharpen their skills while building valuable relationships with others in our industry.
Our mission and vision statements encourage our leadership team and committee chairs to advance the public relations profession, while the Bylaws govern the activities of the organization.
To empower a diverse and inclusive community of members to drive strategic outcomes within their organizations by:
• promoting ethical practice
• building dynamic relationships
• providing growth opportunities and
• recognizing excellence
|Immediate – Past President
Beth Watkins Communications
Ohio Expo Center & State Fair
|VP Planning & Procedures
Lisa Arledge Powell
Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Inspire PR Group
|VP of Communications
Dace de la Foret
Kerry Francis, APR
Ohio Department of Commerce
Board of Directors
Alisa Agozzino, Ph.D., APR
Ohio Northern University
Assistant Professor of Public Relations
Jen House, APR
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
Inspire PR Group