Succeed with the Central Ohio Chapter
Why PRSA Central Ohio Chapter
PRSA is the world’s leading advocate for public relations and communications professionals.
As a member of the Central Ohio Chapter, you will meet other professionals, engage with experts, learn new public relations and communications strategies, shape your communications career, have opportunities to participate in networking and leadership at the local and national levels and much more!
The many highlights of PRSA national and chapter membership include:
- Leadership development – great opportunities for volunteer service and leadership with the Chapter (committees, taskforce, special projects, Board of Directors)
- Award recognition – Annual PRisms Awards
- Access to bi-monthly e-newsletter, PRSA Matters
- Discounted rate for all programs
- Mentoring opportunities with local Public Relations Student Society of America-PRSSA members
- Professional networking – connecting with your peers at programs and events
- APR – Accredited Public Relations
- Career development
- East Central District award recognition and programming
Staying on top of emerging trends and industry news
- PRSA Issues and Trends delivers daily industry trends straight to your inbox.
- Public Relations Tactics is your award-winning flagship newspaper.
- The Strategist magazine delivers executive-level competitive insight.
- Public Relations Journal is an online journal showcasing original research.
Connecting with other professionals
- Professional Interest Sections – These groups focus on issues, trends and research in specialized practice areas and industries.
- LinkedIn – You gain access to both the National PRSA and PRSA Central Ohio LinkedIn groups.
- Leadership – Build your experience and reputation through volunteer leadership opportunities on the local or national level.
- Luncheons and member mixers – Our chapter offers luncheons as well as member mixers and other networking events throughout the year.
Accelerating your career
- Job search support – You have job search help with both the online PRSA Jobcenter and the PRSA Central Ohio Jobs section.
- Accreditation – Distinguish yourself and gain a professional edge withAccreditation in Public Relations (APR), the only professional public relations certification program. Members are eligible for a $110 Accreditation Examination rebate.
- Mentoring – Receive the career guidance you need from seasoned professionals.
- Awards – Be recognized for your excellence and accomplishments through the national Silver Anvil awards as well as the PRSA Central Ohio PRism Awards and the East Central district Diamond Awards.
- Professional Development – PRSA nationals offers many seminars, webinars and conferences, both on-site and in person. The Central Ohio chapter hosts many local professional development activities.
Expanding your options with members-only benefits
Your membership allows you exclusive access to the national database,MyPRSA. Here, you can access and change your information. You are also eligible for additional, members-only rewards such as special rates at conferences, car rentals, office supplies, insurance and much more!